Join the waitlist for the 2023 Child Friendly Planning Seminar Series!
The Seminar Series is now full, but we are accepting registrations for the waitlist or to be informed of future opportunities.
– Do you live in British Columbia?
– Are you a planner or local government staff member?
– Are you interested to learn about child friendly community planning?
– Do you want to meet other like-minded professionals?
Then this opportunity may be for you!
About the Event
The Child Friendly Planning Seminar Series will explore planning through a child friendly lens. By taking children’s needs, ideas, and desires into account, we can ensure the public realm of cities is more accessible, welcoming, sustainable, and engaging for people of all ages.
The seminars will explore various topics, including food systems and food security, housing, transportation, public and green spaces, and child and youth engagement. Participants will also have the opportunity to connect with other professionals to share ideas and feedback.
What to Expect
– Learn how to engage meaningfully with children and youth
– Learn how to contribute positively to the development of children’s health, happiness, and wellbeing
– Certificate of Completion (based on 80% attendance)
– Connect with like-minded professionals to establish a community of practice
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Time: Seminars are held on Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 PM PST on the following dates:
– March 28, 2023
– April 4, 2023
– April 11, 2023
– April 18, 2023
– April 25, 2023
The seminars are open to planners and local government staff members and can be attended via Zoom. Registration is free of charge. The series is now full for spring 2023, but you can register for the waitlist here.
If you have any questions, please contact Zoe at [email protected]